Sport management is a vibrant, growing industry where students combine their business acumen with a passion for athletics.
From coach and team manager to broadcaster and sports marketer, a bachelor’s degree in sports management from Eastern Nazarene College opens a world of possibilities for students who wish to work in the high growth sports industry. Students receive a balanced curriculum of sports management and general business education courses, preparing them to assume leadership roles in the industry.
Goals of Sports Management Program
- To develop an understanding and application of the pedagogy of sports science
- To foster critical thinking, problem solving, and ethical management skills
- To encourage individuality and creativity in the practice of sports management
- To develop an appreciation of and effective communication with diverse audiences
- To articulate and foster Christian values as they pertain to the ethical practice of sports management
Boston is famous for its rich sports heritage. The close proximity of Boston to the college campus offers opportunities for students to gain internship and job opportunities while earning their degrees. Many students attend annual job fairs to meet with recruiters from Boston’s professional sports franchises, including the Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox.
Alumni have gone on to become teachers, coaches, event managers, and fitness directors. Several Eastern Nazarene College graduates work for major sports teams and athletic organizations like the Golden State Warriors, Oakland A’s, Boston Celtics, and the YMCA. Others pursue graduate degrees in sport management at top programs throughout the country
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BA in Sport Management degree, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the Sport Management discipline.
- Research and solve Sport Management Business problems.
- Be forward-thinkers, creative, and idea driven.
- Communicate and work together effectively.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of ethical issues and how to address them in all Sport Management areas.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of cultural values, beliefs and worldviews of others and themselves.