A degree in accounting from Eastern Nazarene College is designed to make students fluent in the “language of business” and skilled at measuring and analyzing the economic activities and performance of a company.
A degree in accounting will prepare you for an information-driven economy, providing you with the skills necessary to inform business decision making. At Eastern Nazarene College, a well-rounded liberal arts education with a specialization in accounting includes courses in management, marketing, finance, economics, management information technology, business law, leadership, global business, and ethics as well as the required accounting courses. Upon completion of the program, students will have a firm understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and be well-positioned to prepare for the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam. A degree in accounting from Eastern Nazarene College is designed to make students fluent in the “language of business” and skilled at measuring and analyzing economic activities and performance.
Students enjoy small, interactive classes with a blend of full time and adjunct faculty who work in their respective fields and bring a wealth of experience to the classroom. Students are engaged in individual and team projects with course simulations across multiple disciplines, competing against each other and other educational institutions and corporations across the globe.
Students may participate in two student-led clubs. The Business Society aims to cultivate interest in business and connect Eastern Nazarene College with local businesses. The Investment Club develops strategies to invest one million dollars in five different sectors (pharmaceutical, green, finance, agricultural, and merchandise). Each student is committed to researching an investment portfolio and providing an informative and persuasive presentation regarding the stock activity and reasons to invest in a company.
Eastern Nazarene College students who have graduated with an accounting degree have gone on to work in a variety of businesses and industries, serving users that include inventors, creditors, regulators, and management. Others pursue graduate degrees in the Eastern Nazarene College Master’s in Management program or at other universities.
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BS in Accounting degree, graduates will be able to:
- Develop proficiencies in applied and pedagogical business scholarship sufficient to pursuing a market-driven career and/or continuing education at an advanced level.
- Cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis as applied to socially responsible business practices in order to improve society worldwide.
- Apply written and oral communications skills in their professional development both individually and in teams.
- Promote Christian morals and ethics as it pertains to business activities.
- Expand their global awareness and cultural competencies in order to excel in the dynamic global business environment.