Chemical Hygiene Officer/Lab Mgr/Instructor
- 1993 Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 Administrative Faculty Award
- 2019 Alice Award
- Prof. Burt has been teaching at Eastern Nazarene College since 1992, instructing at times in the undergraduate and/or adult education programs. She received an Excellence in Teaching Award both as an adjunct at ENC and as a lab instructor at Boston College. Other experience includes three years as a clinical assistant at Harvard Community Health Plan and in Student Development in her position as a Resident Director at ENC from 1990-1997. She serves as Administrative Faculty for The Division of Science & Technology, primarily as Lab Manager and Chemical Hygiene Officer. On the faculty side, she teaches courses in Anatomy & Physiology, Nutrition and First Year Experience for Science Majors. In 2014 Prof. Burt received an Administrative Faculty Award and in 2019 she was presented the first ever ENC Alice Award for investment in the lives of students. Outside of the classroom and lab, she enjoys serving as the Faculty Advisor for the Shrader Science Club and as the Faculty Athletic Representative. Prof. Burt is a member of the Wollaston Church of the Nazarene and is an avid reader and traveler. She lives in Quincy with her husband Charlie, and has two sons and a daughter-in-law, all of whom are ENC alums.
- M.S. in Neurobiology, Boston College
- B.S. in Biology, Eastern Nazarene College
ExpertiseBiology, Health Science
Fun FactsI am a huge Start Wars fan!
Quotation"I love the ENC Community because of the wide range of people and perspectives that exist here. My students and colleagues enrich my life and career so very much."