Student FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Student Development Office hours?
Our office is located in the Mann Student Center right by the mailroom and is open Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.

Can I bring a car?
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are permitted to register a car on campus. For more information visit the Campus Security page. 

All out of state student drivers with cars on campus, even those without a campus parking permit, are required by law to register their vehicle with the state. The forms for this free out-of-state-parking sticker can be found in the security office. Out-of-state cars without the Massachusetts parking sticker fill be fine by the state and by the school.

When can I move in?

Fall 2019

  • New students moving in for the Fall Semester arrive Saturday, August 31, 3019.
  • Returning students move in Monday, September 2, 2019.

Spring 2020

  • New and returning students move in Tuesday, January 7, 2020.

Do the residence halls close during winter break?
Yes, the residence halls are closed during winter break, and there will be no access to the hall until the halls open in January.  Residence halls close Thursday, December 19 at 10:00am, and open back on Tuesday, January 7 at 9:00am.

When do I need to move out at the end of the academic year?
Residence Halls close on Friday, May 1, 2020 at 5:00pm.  For graduating seniors, move out is on Sunday, May 3, at 3pm.  Please be mindful that it is expected that dorm rooms/suites are to be left in the same condition as they were found during move in.

All dorm rooms should be cleaned and emptied of all personal belongings, trash, and decorations. Students will be charged for any items remaining in their room and a separate cleaning fee should a room be left dirty. Before students leave they must check out with their Resident Assistant and return their key to Student Development.

What can I bring and not bring with me when I move in?
To find a list of everything that students are able to bring and those things that are not allowed in the Residence Halls, students can read the Student Handbook, or check our quick list on What to Bring and not Bring to College at ENC.

I am not getting along with my roommate, what are my options?
The first thing a student should do is talk to their roommate(s) about what has been bothering them. If that hasn’t worked, the student should talk to their RA. He/she can sit down with both roommates and help all come up with a reasonable solution. If after these steps, the roommates are still unable to reach a compromise, the student and their RA should contact the Residence Director (RD).  He or she has access to other resources that can help find a resolution.

How do I file a work order with Facilities?
Students are responsible to report any faulty plumbing, electrical failures, or similar matters requiring immediate attention to their RA, RD, or Student Development Office, who will notify the appropriate personnel. Residents should not contact Facilities management independently.