New Student Checklist

So you’ve been accepted and sent in your Admissions deposit…what’s next? Your next steps are outlined below.

Print or download

ENC Student Portal

  • Get familiar with your email and resources available through Office365 and the student portal. The student portal gives you access to important information including your financial aid, student account, and academic records including your schedule, degree audit, and other related information. For any questions on this, please contact Information Technology Service’s (ITS) Help Desk at 617-745-3727.


  • Submit required health record forms, which require a recent physical, health history, and immunizations.
  • Review the HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS on the University Health plans site. Determine if you will need to enroll in the student health insurance plan or if you are eligible to waive it. You will need to determine whether your current insurance plan includes coverage that allows you to be seen in a doctor’s office within a reasonable distance from the ENC campus, and provide equal or better coverage than the student health insurance plan. An insurance plan whose coverage in the Quincy area is limited to treatment at urgent care or an emergency room is not acceptable coverage. If you live in a state outside of Massachusetts, it is highly recommended that you contact your insurance provider to ask about your coverage in the Quincy area before you decide to waive the insurance. Questions can be directed to
  • All new students will need to complete the HOUSING APPLICATION, which includes the application for both living on or off campus. The application can be completed through the link to Housing Self-Service on the ENC portal. Instructions for the application and roommate selection are provided in Housing Self-Service and will be emailed from the housing office. Questions can be directed to
  • The FAFSA and all required documents and tasks from Student Financial Services should be completed. Check the ENC Portal for more information. Feel free to contact Student Financial Services with any questions at or 617-745-3712.
  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records by limiting disclosure of information to third persons, including parents. In order to allow parents, guardians, or others to have access to student information including financial aid, student accounts, and personal information, the student must complete this form. Without the form, parents and guardians will not be able to access any information from the college regarding a student’s finances. Students can complete this at orientation, or print it and mail it completed to the Student Development Office prior to arriving to campus.
  • Sign up for e2Campus Alerts. This system is designed to broadcast alerts to the campus community regarding emergencies, weather-related closings/delays as well as other optional campus information. Parents, guardians, and other family members are encouraged to sign up as well.

Academic Information

  • First time freshman academic schedules can only be created after all admissions requirements are met including submission of final transcripts, SAT scores, and placement testing (if required) are completed. Please contact the Center for Academic Success for questions regarding placement testing at
  • Transfer student schedules are created with the student’s academic advisor after official transcripts have been received and evaluated. The Registrar’s Office notifies the advisor when the incoming student is ready to have a schedule created.
  • Attend New Student Orientation June 15 and 16. At orientation you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow ENC Lions, connect with your academic advisor to plan your course schedule, and experience student life on campus.
  • Students are able to review their schedule and make changes in the portal using the Student Planning tool, with approval by their academic advisor. Detailed instructions on how to register for courses will be sent to students after submitting an enrollment deposit. Any changes to academic major should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office via email at from the student’s ENC email account.