Eastern Nazarene College provides official transcripts in these formats:
- Electronic (secure PDF) format delivered to any email address or to a school on the Parchment. TranscriptsNetwork. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. This is only available for those who attended ENC since 1987.
- Paper format printed on security paper delivered by the United States Postal Service.
- Paper format printed on security paper to be picked up in person (or an authorized person) at the Registrar’s Office during business hours.
We DO NOT RELEASE unofficial transcripts.
Transcripts CANNOT be faxed.
Eastern Nazarene College has retained Parchment. to accept transcript orders over the Internet through their Parchment platform. Please click on the “Order your transcript online” link to enter your order. If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Parchment. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
Any transcript request that will be paid by credit card must be submitted through Parchment.
Ordering by Mail
You may mail a signed transcript request form and your check or money order to:
Eastern Nazarene College
23 E. Elm Ave.
Quincy, MA 02170
Please note that any transcript request that will be paid by credit card must be submitted through the Parchment ordering system.
Timeline and Fees
The standard processing fee for each transcript is $5.00. The typical processing time for standard orders is 3 business days from receipt of the request, not including mailing time. Any holds on your student account may delay processing times. Transcripts can be delivered electronically or through the United States Postal Service. Additional charges may apply for online orders and special services. ENC does not accept foreign currency.
The fastest way to get your transcript is to request an electronic transcript through Parchment.
If you have a hold on your account, a transcript request may not be processed. You can check for any holds through the ENC Portal or verify through the Office of Student Financial Services (617-745-3712). Holds include but are not limited to:
- Financial obligation to the College
- Default of institutional, state, or federal loan
If you have changed your name, please submit legal documentation (a Social Security Card is required in most cases) so that we may process your transcript, if necessary with your new name. All other transcripts will be sent with original name at the time of attendance if a name change has not been officially processed through the Registrar’s Office. Note: Legal Name changes may only be processed by the Registrar’s Office.
Please contact Yvonne Christensen at 617-745-3879 or email email@example.com.