Rev. Dr. David W. Restrick
David Restrick is a 1973 graduate of Eastern Nazarene College, in Quincy, MA. From 1975 to 1978 David served as a member of the Peace Corps assigned as a math and science teacher at Nazarene High School in Manzini, Swaziland. While working in Swaziland, David met and married Rhoda Coldwell, a nurse and midwife from Sheffield, England. Upon completion of their terms of service in Swaziland, David continued his studies at Nazarene Theological Seminary where he earned his M.Div. degree. He has done further graduate work at Boston University School of Theology earning an STM degree in 1990 and completing his ThD in church history and missions in 2001.
From 1989, David and his wife have served as a global missionary with the Church of the Nazarene assigned to the country of Mozambique. David served as Academic Dean and professor of the Seminário Nazareno em Mozambique located in the capital city, Maputo. They officially retired from missionary service at the end of April, 2014.
Before their service in Mozambique, David and Rhoda served at a small Bible college in the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa from 1985 to 1989. In addition, they were involved in relief work among refugees from the civil war in Mozambique. He served at LSM Nazarene Theological College.
Prior to their missionary appointment, David served as pastor of the Church of the Nazarene in Weston-super-Mare, England, for three years. David was ordained on the British Isles South District in 1985.
- Educator of the Year for the Church of the Nazarene Africa Region
- ThD in Church History and Missions from the Boston University School of Theology
- STM in Church History from the Boston University School of Theology
- MDiv in Pastoral Ministry and Missions concentrations from Nazarene Theological Seminary
- BS in Chemistry from Eastern Nazarene College
- Missionary in the Department of Global Missions of the Church of Nazarene serving in MozambiqueServed in the US Peace Corps in Swaziland, Africa
- Academic Dean and Professor at the Nazarene Theological College in South AfricaPastor of the Church of the Nazarene in Weston-super-Mare, England