Semester exchange in Nashville
Thanks to Eastern’s partnership with Trevecca Nazarene University, Eastern students can choose to spend a semester away at Trevecca. Students will have the unique experience of living and studying in the incredible city of Nashville. A center for the health care, music and entertainment industries as well as publishing of all kinds, there’s never been a more exciting time to live in Music City! Students will enjoy living less than two miles from downtown, giving easy access to the food, music and community that makes Nashville what it is.
How it works
Students in good academic and social standing who have completed two full-time semesters at Eastern may request clearance to participate in the semester exchange program. The program is only available to the first 10 approved students. Each student, who will remain enrolled at Eastern, may take up to 18 semester hours at Trevecca. Each student will continue paying their home tuition rates. Each student will be responsible for all of their travel costs.
- Any student interested in cross registration will pick up a form and Trevecca course schedule from Abbey Stanford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student will be responsible for following procedures for pre-registration deadlines including submission of the cross registration form, course substitution forms, and all forms for financial arrangements at ENC.
- Student should consult with the home academic advisor for course options (general education is recommended). After the appropriate signatures are obtained from the home school, the form (with signatures) should be returned to Abbey Stanford (email@example.com). Officer will submit the form to the Cross Registration Officer at Trevecca, Rebecca Merrick.
- Trevecca personnel will review the form for approval. The form will be returned to the student and Abbey Stanford via email upon gaining the proper signatures from Trevecca. Stanford will distribute the form to Academic Records, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Development at Eastern. Eastern’s Registrar will register the student for Trevecca courses with Eastern-approved course designations to enable the student to qualify for financial aid.
- The Trevecca Registrar will notify Stanford via email of schedule changes during the semester including dates of added and dropped courses (this is to facilitate tracking required by financial aid).
- At the end of the term, Trevecca’s Registrar will send an official transcript to Eastern’s Registrar.
The student will contact the Trevecca cross registration officer for specific housing arrangements and all general questions.