Marketing professionals have never been in greater demand than today. If you enjoy learning about new strategies and technologies to reach consumers and make them loyal customers, marketing may be the right career path for you.
This degree will prepare you for the rapidly evolving world of marketing, providing you with both the creative and analytical skills necessary to generate effective marketing solutions that resonate with consumers. At Eastern Nazarene College, a well-rounded liberal arts education with a specialization in marketing includes courses in accounting, finance, economics, management information technology, business law, leadership, global business, and ethics as well as the required marketing core courses needed to develop skills in strategic marketing and communications.
Students enjoy small, interactive classes with a blend of full time and adjunct faculty who work in their respective fields and bring a wealth of experience to the classroom. Students are engaged in individual and team projects with course simulations across multiple disciplines, competing against each other and other educational institutions and corporations across the globe.
Students may participate in two student-led clubs. The Business Society aims to cultivate interest in business and connect Eastern Nazarene College with local businesses. The Investment Club develops strategies to invest one million dollars in five different sectors (pharmaceutical, green, finance, agricultural, and merchandise). Each student is committed to researching an investment portfolio and providing an informative and persuasive presentation regarding the stock activity and reasons to invest in a company.
Eastern Nazarene College students who have graduated with a marketing degree have gone on to work in various aspects of marketing, from advertising to product development. Others pursue graduate degrees in the Eastern Nazarene College Master’s in Management program or at other universities.
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BS in Marketing degree, graduates will be able to:
- Develop proficiencies in applied and pedagogical business scholarship sufficient to pursuing a market-driven career and/or continuing education at an advanced level.
- Cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis as applied to socially responsible business practices in order to improve society worldwide.
- Apply written and oral communications skills in their professional development both individually and in teams.
- Promote Christian morals and ethics as it pertains to business activities.
- Expand their global awareness and cultural competencies in order to excel in the dynamic global business environment.