With a degree in finance, students are prepared to lead in a variety of businesses and organizations, from Fortune 500 corporations to start ups, providing the expertise needed to steward organizational resources, budget for capital expansion, maximize return on investment, and raise funds.
Finance knowledge will equip you to lead in a global market, providing you with the principles and theories necessary to support business decision-making that drives the economy and investment. At Eastern Nazarene College, a well-rounded liberal arts education with a specialization in finance includes courses in management, marketing, global business, economics, management information technology, business law, leadership, accounting, ethics, and finance. With a degree in finance from Eastern Nazarene College, you will provide leadership for companies by stewarding organizational resources, budgeting capital expansion, maximizing return on investment, and raising funds.
Students enjoy small, interactive classes with a blend of full time and adjunct faculty who work in their respective fields and bring a wealth of experience to the classroom. Students are engaged in individual and team work with course simulations across multiple disciplines in which they compete against each other and other educational institutions and corporations across the globe.
Students may participate in two clubs, both student led. The Business Society aims to cultivate interest in business and connect Eastern Nazarene College with local businesses. The Investment Club develops strategies to invest one million dollars in five different sectors (pharmaceutical, green, finance, agricultural, and merchandise). Each student is committed to researching an investment portfolio and providing an informative and persuasive presentation regarding the stock activity and reasons to invest in a particular company.
Eastern Nazarene College students who graduate with a finance degree work in myriad industries for companies that range from Fortune 500 corporations to startups. Others pursue graduate degrees in the Eastern Nazarene College Masters in Management program or at other universities.
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BS in Finance degree, graduates will be able to:
- Develop proficiencies in applied and pedagogical business scholarship sufficient to pursuing a market-driven career and/or continuing education at an advanced level.
- Cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis as applied to socially responsible business practices in order to improve society worldwide.
- Apply written and oral communications skills in their professional development both individually and in teams.
- Promote Christian morals and ethics as it pertains to business activities.
- Expand their global awareness and cultural competencies in order to excel in the dynamic global business environment.