A business administration degree from Eastern Nazarene College provides you with a well-rounded background in a diversity of business disciplines, preparing you for a leadership role in an industry of your choosing.
A degree in business administration will prepare you to lead in a global economy, providing you with the skills necessary to drive decision making and lead others. At Eastern Nazarene College, a well-rounded liberal arts education with a specialization in business administration includes courses in management, marketing, economics, entrepreneurship, business law, and accounting as well as the required courses for a double major in another discipline that supports learning and career goals. With a degree in business administration from Eastern Nazarene College, you will be prepared to manage people in both small companies and corporations.
Students enjoy small, interactive classes with a blend of full time and adjunct faculty who work in their respective fields and bring a wealth of experience to the classroom. Students are engaged in individual and teamwork with course simulations across multiple disciplines in which they compete against each other and other educational institutions and corporations across the globe.
Students may participate in two student-led clubs. The Business Society aims to cultivate interest in business and connect Eastern Nazarene College with local businesses. The Investment Club develops strategies to invest one million dollars in five different sectors (pharmaceutical, green, finance, agricultural, and merchandise). Each student is committed to researching an investment portfolio and providing an informative and persuasive presentation regarding the stock activity and reasons to invest in a company.
Eastern Nazarene College students who graduate with a business administration degree work in myriad industries for companies that range from Fortune 500 corporations to startups. Others pursue graduate degrees in the Eastern Nazarene College Master’s in Management program or at other universities.
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BA in Business Administration, graduates will be able to:
- Develop proficiencies in applied and pedagogical business scholarship sufficient to pursuing a market-driven career and/or continuing education at an advanced level.
- Cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis as applied to socially responsible business practices in order to improve society worldwide.
- Apply written and oral communications skills in their professional development both individually and in teams.
- Promote Christian morals and ethics as it pertains to business activities.
- Expand their global awareness and cultural competencies in order to excel in the dynamic global business environment.