A management degree may be applied to virtually any industry and organization. Students who complete this program have the requisite quantitative and qualitative skills needed to pursue a business specialization or general management career path.
Student pursuing this degree program at Eastern Nazarene College receive a well-rounded liberal arts education with a specialization in management, including courses in accounting, marketing, finance, economics, management information technology, business law, leadership, global business, and ethics as well as the required management core courses. Upon completion of the program, students are well versed in the efficient and effective management of processes and people.
Students enjoy small, interactive classes with a blend of full time and adjunct faculty who work in their respective fields and bring a wealth of experience to the classroom. Students are engaged in individual and team projects with course simulations across multiple disciplines, competing against each other and other educational institutions and corporations across the globe
Students may participate in two student-led clubs. The Business Society aims to cultivate interest in business and connect Eastern Nazarene College with local businesses. The Investment Club develops strategies to invest one million dollars in five different sectors (pharmaceutical, green, finance, agricultural, and merchandise). Each student is committed to researching an investment portfolio and providing an informative and persuasive presentation regarding the stock activity and reasons to invest in a company.
Eastern Nazarene College students who have graduated with a management degree have gone on to work in a variety of industries and businesses, using their blend of both quantitative and qualitative skills to lead both people and processes for companies. Some of the career paths graduates may consider after completing this degree are general manager, operations manager, management consultant, analyst, and project manager. Others pursue graduate degrees in the Eastern Nazarene College Master’s in Management program or at other universities.
For course descriptions, requirements, focus areas, options, and other program details see the full current undergraduate catalog.
Upon completion of the BS in Management degree, graduates will be able to:
- Develop proficiencies in applied and pedagogical business scholarship sufficient to pursuing a market-driven career and/or continuing education at an advanced level.
- Cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis as applied to socially responsible business practices in order to improve society worldwide.
- Apply written and oral communications skills in their professional development both individually and in teams.
- Promote Christian morals and ethics as it pertains to business activities.
- Expand their global awareness and cultural competencies in order to excel in the dynamic global business environment.