New Student Orientation
Online New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation will be conducted virtually for all orientations in the 2020-2021 academic year. Using our online learning management system Canvas, new students will have the opportunity to engage with important campus offices, meet with academic advisors, and connect with fellow students. The online program will also include webinars covering financial aid, campus safety, and other topics to prepare students and families for the transition to college.
The New Student Orientation course is designed to introduce you to faculty, staff, and fellow students who will help you make the most of your time at ENC. You’ll discover campus resources to support your academic goals and interests, assistance with completing requirements through offices such as Student Financial Services and Health Services, and more about the opportunities ENC offers. All new students, both transfers and first time freshmen, are required to complete the course.
If you do not have access to stable internet, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, please contact the Office of Community Life at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do everything we can to make the information covered in our online programs accessible to you.
While parents and guardians will not have access to the Canvas course, they are invited to participate in our webinars and informational sessions. These links are available in the course and will be emailed regularly to parent/guardian email addresses we have on file. We encourage students to share information gathered in the online course with families and support systems. Please contact email@example.com regarding webinar access.
Accessing the Orientation Module
- Log in to Canvas using your ENC credentials. These are the same as your login for the student portal and ENC email account.
- Read all sections within the orientation module. You will be quizzed at the end of some modules and at the end of the course to indicate your understanding of the information presented. You must score 100% on all quizzes and complete them in sequence. You may take each quiz as many times as needed in order to pass.
- Please make sure to complete all surveys and forms. These will include confirming your academic major and other important information. Your course will not be marked as complete until these are finished.
- You must complete the orientation module no later than one week prior to move in day in August.
Fall & Spring Welcome Weeks
Welcome Week is required for all new students, including transfers and commuters. This week includes move in day and additional orientation program that will provide you with knowledge of the campus, a sense of belonging in the community through connecting with new and returning students, and an opportunity to engage campus resources during your first few days on campus.
Due to COVID19 restrictions, parents, guardians, and guests will not have scheduled in person orientation activities. Parents and friends are invited to participate in virtual events.
Please contact the Office of Community Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What to Bring – and not Bring – to College at ENC
- Campus Map
- Campus Tour Online
- Directions to ENC
- Visitors Guide
- New Student Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions