Recruiter – Adult & Graduate Studies (Richmond, VA Extension Site) – Part Time
Eastern Nazarene College’s division of Adult & Graduate Studies is seeking a part time (29 hours per week) Recruiter for the Richmond, VA Extension Site. You will administer all aspects of the college search and admissions process with prospective students. You will assist students requesting re-admission and collaborate with the Quincy Campus’ Registrar and the Richmond Site Director. You will provide individual student support at every stage, from pre-admission to graduation, to ensure the student achieves his/her educational goals. Top priorities include both student retention and student satisfaction. This position reports to the Richmond Site Director and works in accordance with the mission, core Christian values, and purposes of the College.
Part-Time Hourly Staff
- Maintain current knowledge of Adult & Graduate Studies’ programs, admission policies, and financial aid processes, and communicate this information to prospective students;
- Work with Quincy Campus Admissions staff to assess the Richmond Site students’ admissions applications and evaluate academic credentials; assist and guide the student in the submission of all documentation and monies relative to the application process; Ensure no important application steps or deadlines are missed;
- Develop fresh recruitment plans to attract students who best fit the vision of the Richmond Site and establish procedures that continuously fill the prospective student pipeline;
- Meet recruitment goals regarding applications, acceptances, and enrolled students;
- Initiate, plan, and execute special projects and events in conjunction with recruitment goals;
- Visit off-site locations to cultivate student inquiries for degree programs; host an informational table at regional college fairs; report on recruiting metrics after every career event;
- Maintain the student database management systems in collaboration with the Quincy Campus staff;
- Maintain a steady flow of communication via email, traditional mail, social media, and phone calls with prospective students in order to establish a relationship between the student and the Richmond Site;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in adult/continuing education setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of college admission guidelines, standards and procedures, and higher education recruitment;
- Knowledge of current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of various financial aid programs, including application deadlines and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of best practices in adult education and student success.
- Commitment to high standards for providing overall student satisfaction and educational achievement.
- Availability to work until 7:00pm, with occasional later evenings and Saturdays.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, and provide a statement of faith – a statement of your Christian experience, including how your christian commitment models the mission and values of Eastern Nazarene College and your church affiliation and involvement.
Human Resources Director
Eastern Nazarene College, 23 E. Elm Avenue, Quincy, MA 02170
Who We Are
Eastern Nazarene College is a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college and member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) with approximately 1,000 students distributed across residential undergraduate, graduate, and adult studies programs.
Situated in the southwest quadrant of the Richmond metropolitan area, at the center of Chesterfield County, Eastern Nazarene College’s Richmond Campus is conveniently located one-quarter of a mile off the intersection of Route 288 and Courthouse Road. ENC Richmond resides on the beautiful 289-acre campus of Southside Church and Guardian Christian Academy, approximately 15 miles from downtown Richmond, 12 miles from Interstate 95, and 20 miles from Interstate 64. Parking is easily accessible on campus.
Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well. www.enc.edu
Eastern Nazarene College provides a transformational education that equips diverse students to lead and serve our world as agents of Christ’s love and truth.
Eastern Nazarene College will be widely-recognized as a leader in innovative Christian education, renowned for excellence in student achievement, vibrant intercultural community, and global impact
- Holistic education: We provide a holistic educational experience in the liberal arts and professional studies that integrates spiritual, academic, emotional, and social development.
- Christian community: We facilitate the building of loving relationships so that we reflect the Spirit of Christ in our life together.
- Student-centered: We orient our work around the success of our students, making every effort to be responsive to the unique needs, aspirations, and backgrounds of each one.
- Wesleyan: Consistent with our rich Wesleyan holiness tradition, we create and maintain an environment which awakens and fosters truth, righteousness, and justice as made possible by God’s transforming grace through Jesus Christ.
- Civility and hospitality: We intentionally welcome and embrace people from diverse cultures, viewpoints, and faith traditions.
- Servanthood: We model servant leadership to our students and community by building a culture of listening, respect, encouragement, and support.
- Authenticity and transparency: We are deliberately honest in our relationships, candid in our communication, and transparent in our governance in order to foster trust and confidence.
- Excellence: In an effort to provide “the best in education and the best in Christian faith,” we strive for excellence that honors God in all our endeavors.
- Strategic innovation: While remaining deeply rooted in our mission, we are boldly creative and innovative in the methods we employ.
- Accountability: We keep promises, honor commitments, meet and exceed expectations, and are willing to be held accountable for the faithful fulfillment of our responsibilities.
Our lifestyle guidelines reflect the “Articles of Faith and “Agreed Statement of Belief” of the Church of the Nazarene and the Mission Statement of Eastern Nazarene College. The premise of our lifestyle guidelines is to exemplify such personal, moral, and religious conduct as shall be above reproach. This lifestyle premise is for everyone working and living on campus: students, faculty, staff, and administration. This lifestyle premise is a rationale for desirable behavior and attitudes. To be in accord with the purposes and spirit of the College and with the doctrines and standards of the Church of the Nazarene, our lifestyle practices exclude: drinking alcoholic beverages, engaging in sexual acts with anyone other than your spouse, viewing pornographic and violent videos/movies, using illegal drugs or misuse of prescription drugs, participating in gambling, or using tobacco in any form. The College also asks employees to follow dress code guidelines. The College expects all employees to live by this lifestyle premise. We ask for an understanding of the need for lifestyle standards, a good spirit in keeping them, and cooperative efforts in improving them. As ENC employees, we ask that you consider the larger picture that what we do and how we do it reflects on ENC and affects other people as well as ourselves. Our desire is to glorify God in all our efforts.