Admissions Counselor – Traditional Admissions
Eastern Nazarene College, a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college on Boston’s south shore, is seeking a full time Admissions Counselor to engage, recruit, counsel, and admit prospective students to the College’s traditional undergraduate programs.
The Admissions Counselor is important member of the admissions team and, the first line of contact for all prospective students and their families. Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, you will be responsible for representing the institution to numerous constituents in a variety of settings. You will utilize recruitment and communications techniques that most effectively engage college-bound students. You will travel extensively, visiting high schools, churches, youth groups, community colleges, attending college fairs, and hosting on and off-campus recruitment programs (both in-person and virtual) sponsored by Eastern Nazarene College. Extensive pre-and-post-travel communication with all prospective students is required.
You must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience working and communicating with prospective students in various admissions and/or recruitment aspects and the desire to support the traditions and values of Christian higher education in a diverse, busy educational institution.
This position supports students and the Traditional Undergraduate division by performing the following duties:
- Travels extensively as assigned by the Director in the effort to meet the institution’s recruitment goals
- Utilizes social networking, technologically based recruitment techniques and other web-oriented modes of engaging prospective students
- Conducts group information sessions and interviews
- Assists in the implementation of on- and off-campus programs designed for recruitment and yield enhancement
- Counsels and corresponds with prospective students and their families using a range of traditional and contemporary communication tools
- Represents the institution at high schools, churches, college fairs, preview days, open houses, and other recruiting programs
- Develops working relationships with representatives of high schools, community colleges and other education institutions to facilitate enrollment at Eastern Nazarene College
- Develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships with other departments and alumni
- Maintain timely, accurate, and confidential records on individual prospective students
- Maintain and develop articulation agreements with local community colleges to promote transfer pathways for future students
- Maintain timely and efficient evaluation process
- Conducts a preliminary review of applications for freshman and transfer admissions
- Assists in the oversight of recruitment activities that provide outreach to prospective students (i.e. tour guide program, diversity recruitment initiatives, other related programs, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working and communicating with prospective students in various admissions and/or recruitment aspects.
- Commitment to high standards for providing overall student satisfaction and educational achievement.
- Availability to work variable schedule, with occasional later evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience in an institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of Eastern Nazarene College.
- Strong coordination, planning, and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, particularly with diverse populations.
- High level of interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Credible and professional demeanor.
- Good judgement and the ability to use discretion when necessary.
- Fast learner and able to disseminate detailed information simply and accurately.
- Problem solver and able to work both collaboratively and independently within complex situations.
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate issues and initiate action to avoid future problems.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Service-oriented attitude with a commitment to Christian faith and values.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, and provide a statement of faith – a statement of your Christian experience, including how your christian commitment models the mission and values of Eastern Nazarene College and your church affiliation and involvement.
Human Resources Director
Eastern Nazarene College, 23 E. Elm Avenue, Quincy, MA 02170
Who We Are
Eastern Nazarene College is a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college and member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) with approximately 1,000 students distributed across residential undergraduate, graduate, and adult studies programs. Nestled in a residential neighborhood minutes from downtown Boston, the college’s picturesque New England campus is a window into the world. While our faculty are leaders in their fields, actively involved in publishing and research, they are devoted to teaching and mentoring students in a nurturing, spiritually informed, and academically supportive environment. Students are encouraged to travel, engage in service projects, and participate in internship experiences as a part of their education. Through their classes, work experiences in Boston, and mission trips around the world, students are challenged to open their minds and hearts, preparing them for a lifetime of meaningful work and service to our nation and the world.
Our benefits include health, dental, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, competitive retirement matching, generous paid time off, life and disability insurance, and more. In addition, as a staff or faculty member in our multi-cultural and close-knit community, you’ll enjoy a variety of unique benefits as you play an active role in achieving our mission and supporting our community.
Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well. www.enc.edu
Eastern Nazarene College provides a transformational education that equips diverse students to lead and serve our world as agents of Christ’s love and truth.
Eastern Nazarene College will be widely-recognized as a leader in innovative Christian education, renowned for excellence in student achievement, vibrant intercultural community, and global impact
- Holistic education: We provide a holistic educational experience in the liberal arts and professional studies that integrates spiritual, academic, emotional, and social development.
- Christian community: We facilitate the building of loving relationships so that we reflect the Spirit of Christ in our life together.
- Student-centered: We orient our work around the success of our students, making every effort to be responsive to the unique needs, aspirations, and backgrounds of each one.
- Wesleyan: Consistent with our rich Wesleyan holiness tradition, we create and maintain an environment which awakens and fosters truth, righteousness, and justice as made possible by God’s transforming grace through Jesus Christ.
- Civility and hospitality: We intentionally welcome and embrace people from diverse cultures, viewpoints, and faith traditions.
- Servanthood: We model servant leadership to our students and community by building a culture of listening, respect, encouragement, and support.
- Authenticity and transparency: We are deliberately honest in our relationships, candid in our communication, and transparent in our governance in order to foster trust and confidence.
- Excellence: In an effort to provide “the best in education and the best in Christian faith,” we strive for excellence that honors God in all our endeavors.
- Strategic innovation: While remaining deeply rooted in our mission, we are boldly creative and innovative in the methods we employ.
- Accountability: We keep promises, honor commitments, meet and exceed expectations, and are willing to be held accountable for the faithful fulfillment of our responsibilities.
Our lifestyle guidelines reflect the “Articles of Faith and “Agreed Statement of Belief” of the Church of the Nazarene and the Mission Statement of Eastern Nazarene College. The premise of our lifestyle guidelines is to exemplify such personal, moral, and religious conduct as shall be above reproach. This lifestyle premise is for everyone working and living on campus: students, faculty, staff, and administration. This lifestyle premise is a rationale for desirable behavior and attitudes. To be in accord with the purposes and spirit of the College and with the doctrines and standards of the Church of the Nazarene, our lifestyle practices exclude: drinking alcoholic beverages, engaging in sexual acts with anyone other than your spouse, viewing pornographic and violent videos/movies, using illegal drugs or misuse of prescription drugs, participating in gambling, or using tobacco in any form. The College also asks employees to follow dress code guidelines. The College expects all employees to live by this lifestyle premise. We ask for an understanding of the need for lifestyle standards, a good spirit in keeping them, and cooperative efforts in improving them. As ENC employees, we ask that you consider the larger picture that what we do and how we do it reflects on ENC and affects other people as well as ourselves. Our desire is to glorify God in all our efforts.
Eastern Nazarene College policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion*, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class in all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
*Christian Faith and employment at Eastern Nazarene College: Eastern Nazarene College is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.