COVID-19 Information and Updates
Weekly COVID-19 Briefing 5/14/2020
May 14, 2020
COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
The College has established a COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Fund through the CARES Act to assist students with urgent financial needs related to the novel coronavirus. The intent is to assist ENC students who are experiencing temporary financial hardship related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. The funds are limited and not intended to provide ongoing relief.
Some examples of qualified expenses for emergency relief funding include:
- School supplies (textbooks, software, lab materials, etc.)
- Technology (internet access, computer, etc.)
- Housing (rent/utilities)Food/groceries
- Transportation expenses
- Unreimbursed medical bills
- Childcare expenses
Face Covering Executive Order Still in Affect
All on-campus employees, graduate assistants, tenants, and students are expected to abide by this order.
For employees, students, and residents on campus this means:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while on campus property with limited exceptions.
- Students, Graduate Assistants, and Tenants do not need to wear face covering when they are in their own home, room or apartment unit, though they do need to wear coverings in all shared spaces including hallways, stairwells, elevators, and laundry rooms, for example.
- Employees that are on campus do not need to wear face covering if they are alone in their office or workspace with the door closed, though they do need to wear coverings when working with others or moving from space to space on campus.
Campus Status Report
We are aware of six confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the ENC community (this is inclusive of employees and students on and off campus). We are pleased to report that all of these individuals have either recovered or are recovering at home in self-isolation. Any community member that may have been in contact with these individuals has been notified and will be in self-quarantine for the appropriate length of time.
We are grateful for how seriously our community has taken the guidance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT). Continued adherence to ERT, state, and federal guidance will help us reduce chances of infection and spreading the virus.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire ENC family across the world as we navigate these trying times. Above all we are grateful for a God who is present in our daily lives and who demonstrates how to love and live.
Blessings to you on behalf of the Emergency Response Team,
Vice President for Student Development and Campus Services
23 East Elm Avenue
Quincy, MA 02170-2999