COVID-19 Information and Updates
Weekly COVID-19 Briefing 3/05/2021
March 5, 2021
Quarantine and Isolation Update
As of today, there are 2 students in quarantine or isolation on campus or at their home off-campus. This is down from 9 last week and we have had no new positive cases identified this week. This is good news! We suspect that our numbers will continue to fluctuate throughout the semester, but we are grateful for the declines we have experienced over the last two weeks. Let’s continue to work hard to keep our numbers down by responsibly social distancing, wearing our fitted face-coverings, and keeping our hands clean.
Curious about Quarantine or Isolation?
The COVID Response Team has put together a great resource center with all kinds of pertinent information for our campus community. Specifically the information on Quarantine and Isolation (Q&I) gives you some great insights into Q&I expectation and supports for students. Take some time to get some good perspective and information:
Supporting Student in Q&I
In response to concerns raised at SGA’s COVID Town Hall Meeting from students wanting to know how they could support their peers in quarantine or isolation, the Office of Residential Life and Housing has organized some meaningful ways the ENC community can express their care.
- Encouragement Wednesdays. Every Wednesday from 12:00-1:30pm in Hebrews, Res Life will be stationed in the seating area with an opportunity for anyone to:
- Paint canvas’ to brighten up quarantine and isolation spaces
- Compile snack bags
- Write cards with encouraging messages
- Item Deliveries. Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon we deliver items to students in quarantine and isolation spaces. Anyone may drop off items during SDO hours for delivery (please ring the doorbell if no one is at the desk). If you plan to drop of items, please note the following:
- If going to a specific student, label items with the name of the student (we will replace or cover name with room number for anonymity)
- Items should be prepared/ready for delivery
- All students have access to a microwave. Students do not necessarily have access to refrigerators.
- If you want to coordinate a delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Regina will be happy to work with you.
Every Nose Covered (ENC)
Remember, if both your nose and mouth aren’t covered by your fitted mask you are protecting yourself or others. Please wear your mask over your mouth and nose. If you are in need of a fitted mask, please reach out to Student Development at email@example.com and we will make arrangements to supply you with one. Fitted face coverings have become very available and can be found a most major retailers. Target, Wal-Mart, and Amazon all carry multiple options.
If you have concerns about someone who is not following ENC’s COVID-19 guidelines, you can use this form to submit your concern to the Office of Community Accountability.
Testing Center Update
The Testing Center will be open during regular hours Monday-Thursday this week. Please pay careful attention to your email and schedule your testing appointment when prompted.
Remember that summary testing results are published weekly at: https://enc.edu/covid-19-campus-testing/
Thank you to each of you for all that you have done to help keep our entire community safe and healthy.
Vice President for Student Development and Campus Services
Emergency Response Team
23 East Elm Avenue
Quincy, MA 02170-2999