COVID-19 Information and Updates
Weekly COVID-19 Briefing 11/20/2020
November 20, 2020
Important End of Term Information
As we approach the end of in-person learning for the Fall 2020 semester there are several items that students should complete prior to next Tuesday:
1) All Traditional Undergraduate Students should complete the Spring Declaration Form to share your plans for next semester.
2) Residential Students that needs to stay on campus 11/24-12/4 please complete the Extended Stay Form.
3) Residential Students must formally check-out with their Resident Assistant and turn over their room key for the break.
4) Students that are traveling must know and comply with the COIVD requirements of their destination. This could mean needing to show a negative test result prior to travel or committing to quarantine for 14 days at your destination.
5) If you are a student traveling home next week the Testing Center is open for appointments Monday, November 23rd from 1-4 PM. You can sign up for a slot using your CoVerified App.
6) Student please continue to monitor your email for important information related to housing, textbooks, and other timely communication.
Isolation and Quarantine Update
Our students in quarantine and isolation are doing well and are very much looking forward to finishing their stay in time for the holiday break. We are pleased to report that as of today no further positive cases have been identified.
Many thanks to the COVID Response Team who quickly reacted to care for students and to all the community members that helped facilitate the work of the Contact Tracing Collaborative. All of your efforts help minimize community exposure to COVID. Well done!
Targeted Restriction in Effect
Governor Baker has imposed statewide restrictions to help stem the tide of rising COVID cases across the Commonwealth. Below is a summary of the new restrictions.
Stay at Home Advisory: Between the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM individual are to stay at their private residence and limit unnecessary travel, errands, or gatherings within this time frame. For our campus community, students are encouraged not to leave campus after 10 PM.
Face Coverings Required in All Public Spaces: Anytime an individual is not in their private residence they are required to wear a face mask. This means that you must maintain wearing a mask if you are in a vehicle with someone you do not live with or if you are walking on the beach or around the neighborhood.
Reduced Gatherings: Gathering in private residence cannot exceed 10 individuals. Restaurants must stop in-person dining at 9:30 PM. This does not dramatically impact our current campus practices but it may mean we end some campus programing early to allow commuting students to return home by 10 PM.
For more information see:
Symptom, Support, and On-duty Nurse
Even as in-person learning winds down, COVID Health Services and Supports are available through the end of finals on December 4th. The COVID Symptoms and Support line with remain monitored by the on-duty nurse.
Students should call 617-745-3777 to receive instructions and request a consultation.
Instructions for Students:
- Call the On-Duty Nurse Line and leave your first/last name and a callback number.
- Stay in your room (except to go to the restroom).
- Even if you are restricted because you accidentally submitted a symptom, you must still call the On-Duty Nurse Line for assistance, but you may leave your room.
Instead of emailing or calling Health Services for potential COVID-19 symptoms or CoVerified restrictions, please follow the instructions above. Thank you for your cooperation.
COVID Resource Hub
Have questions about campus COVID protocols? Wonder what isolation or quarantine housing involves? Have questions about testing? You are in luck! We have created a COVID Info Student Center on SharePoint. Click the link below an peruse all the latest information. https://encedu.sharepoint.com/sites/COVIDCenter-ENC
To view the status of testing and recovery please visit the testing dash board at: https://enc.edu/covid-19-campus-testing/
The dash board is updated every Friday by 5 PM.
Travel Restrictions Still in Place
Remember (students and employees) as you head into the holiday break compliance with the Governor’s Travel Order is still expected. The list of high-risk states is updated every Friday and few states are currently considered low-risk. Stay up to date and compliant to avoid state imposed fines.
The College continues to maintain an active website with timely information related to COVID-19 and institutional response. This informative site can be found at: https://enc.edu/opening-plans/
We are thankful for our ENC Family and grateful for God’s hand of provision and protection over our community. We pray that in this season of thankfulness you have time to pause and reflect on the blessings in your life. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings to you on behalf of the Emergency Response Team,
Vice President for Student Development and Campus Services
23 East Elm Avenue
Quincy, MA 02170-2999