COVID-19 Information and Updates
Governor Issues State of Emergency
March 11, 2020
Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued a state of emergency yesterday to address the escalating health situation and make more funding available for testing. The Governor is encouraging private and public entities to avoid international travel, minimize domestic travel, limit large group gatherings, and practice social distancing to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state. The Eastern Nazarene College Emergency Response Team meets daily to monitor the developing global and local COVID-19 situation and is in regular communication with the City of Quincy’s Public Health Department.
In accordance with the Governor’s guidelines, the College has taken the following actions:
- The Festival of Life, March 13-15, is cancelled. We are working with the Eastern Field Nazarene Youth Council to explore possible dates in the spring or early summer to hold the Festival.
- Chapel, our community’s largest regularly scheduled gathering, is suspended for the next two weeks.
- Numerous advisories have been deployed on campus to promote COVID-19 education and personal and community health.
- Student and employee information sessions are being held to field questions and concerns about COVID-19.
- The College is screening to ensure that students who have traveled internationally have the best information available; and if they have traveled to countries with CDC travel restrictions, they have self-quarantined appropriately.
- Increased cleaning efforts continue across campus seven days a week, including prevention activity in the Dining Commons and Residence Halls and the addition of new sanitizer stations.
- Information continues to be disseminated to mitigate the spread of germs on campus, including proper hand washing, sneeze and cough etiquette, reminders to not touching one’s face, and recommendations to avoid person-to-person contact (social distancing).
Students who are ill are advised to stay in their dorm rooms or at home and call Campus Health Services to schedule a consultation at (617) 745-3893. For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit this page. For questions or concerns, contact Eastern Nazarene College Health Services Nurse, Patsy Malas, at email@example.com.