ENC Alerts – e2Campus Notification System
ENC offers a mass-notification service called e2Campus. This state-of-the-art system is designed to broadcast alerts to the campus community regarding emergencies, weather-related closings/delays as well as other optional campus information. This technology is in use at an increasing number of colleges and universities.
e2Campus will give ENC the ability to quickly send text messages to faculty, staff, residents, students, family and friends via cell phones. Notifications may also be simultaneously broadcast to the ENC web site, RSS, PDA, Email, Text Pager, and Google, AOL or My Yahoo pages. You choose the method that works best to keep you informed!
How Do I Receive Notifications?
You may choose to receive notifications in one or more of the following ways:
- Text messages
- Email messages
- ENC web site bulletin board
What Messages Will I Receive?
All subscribers will receive the following alerts:
- Weather Cancellations / Delays
- Parking Change Notifications
You may also opt to receive one or more of the following optional alerts:
- Student Life
You may unsubscribe from optional alerts or the entire e2Campus system at any time.
A Few Things to Note Before You Register…
- This service is completely voluntary. You may opt-in or opt-out at any time.
- You must have SMS text messaging enabled on your cell phone account to receive these messages.
- You are responsible for all messaging charges assessed by your wireless service provider.
- By default, e2Campus will only be used for alerts and test messages to minimize cost to the user.
- You may subscribe to additional alerts at your discretion.
- You will not receive messages for which you did not register.
- Your information is not shared with nor sold to third parties.
- The “opt out by” field is the date your service automatically expires. Select the first available date after you wish to discontinue service.
- If you are an ENC employee or student, please use your ENC login for the user name.
- When entering mobile phone numbers, remember to use your area code and NO punctuation, e.g., 6175551212.
- You only need to create one account. After you have completed registration, you may edit your account and add family members’ mobile phone numbers and email addresses.
- If you need to contact your carrier and are unsure of their Web address, please consult the following Mobile Carriers List.
After creating an account, a validation code will be send to your cell phone and/or your email address. You will need to enter these codes before your account will be activated for messages. If you experience problems, please visit the support website and submit a ticket.
Mobile Alert Opt-in
Mobile Opt-In is designed to be as simple as possible. All you need is your cell phone and the short code for e2Campus: 79516.
Here’s how to do it:
- Text your keyword (the list is below) to 79516.
- e2Campus will then text back with “To complete your signup, text YES”.
- Reply with “Yes” to confirm the subscription.
- Once e2Campus receives the “Yes” reply you will receive a confirmation message.
To stop receiving alerts, text STOP to 79516.
|Important Academic Notifications||ENCACAD|
|Adult & Graduate Studies Academic Notifications||ENCAGS|
|Important General Campus Notifications||ENCALERTS|
|Important ENC Preschool Notifications||ENCCKH|
|Early Childhood Education Academic Notifications||ENCECE|
|Important Financial Aid & Student Accounts Notifications||ENCFIN|
|Important Information Technology Notifications – Email, Phones, Systems||ENCITS|
|Important Notifications for Learning Commons Employees||ENCLC|
|Important Sports Notifications||ENCSPORTS|
|Important Student Life Notifications||ENCSDO|
What To Do in an Emergency
- Stay calm, use common sense and provide assistance as necessary.
- Call ENC Security at 617-745-3911 or the Quincy Police by dialing 911.
- Evacuate buildings immediately as requested by authorities, upon hearing an alarm, or when remaining inside is dangerous or life threatening.
- Know the location of at least two emergency exits near your working/living areas.
What NOT to do in an Emergency
- Do not use the telephone except to report the emergency situation.
- Do not use elevators.
- Do not jeopardize your life and the lives of others by attempting to save property.
Please report all suspicious activities to ENC Security as well as to local law enforcement at 617-479-1212.