- Spiritual Development
- Community Groups
- Local Area Churches
- Church Relations
- Summer Ministry Teams
- Business Administration
- Chemistry and Pre-Pharmacy
- Children’s Ministry
- Christian Ministry
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Engineering
- Elementary Education
- Engineering Studies
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- BS in General Engineering
- General Studies
- Global Business
- History Education
- Journalism and Writing
- Liberal Arts
- Middle School Education
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Psychology – Children and Adolescent program
- Psychology – Clinical and Research
- Psychology – Social Relations
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Sports Management
- Teaching Students with Moderate Disabilities
- Theology and Philosophy
- Youth Ministry
- Schedules and Courses
- FERPA and Directory Information
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2017
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Spring 2017
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2016
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Spring 2016
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2015
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Spring 2015
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2014
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Spring 2014
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2013
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Spring 2013
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List Fall 2012
- Honor Roll and Dean’s List
- Graduation Information
- Off-Campus Study
- Readmission Application Process
- Undergraduate & AGS Catalogs
- Registrar Staff
- Transcript Requests
- Dr. John U. Free Physics and Engineering Seminar Series
- Semester exchange in Nashville
- Honors Scholar Program
- Course Catalog
- Financial Aid
- New Student Financial Aid
- Freshman Aid
- Transfer Aid
- Types of Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Verification Forms
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- State Scholarships
- Net Price Calculator
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Policies and Procedures
- Office of Student Financial Services Staff
- Student Life
- The Brickley Center
- Community Life
- New Student Orientation
- Student Government Association
- Multicultural Affairs
- Residential Life
- Student Government Association
- Student Resources
- Festival of Life 2019
- The College
- The Campus
- Alert System
- Interactive Tour
- Campus Safety
- YMCA Partnership
- Visitor Guide
- Mann Student Center
- Shuttle Schedule
- Additional Services
- The Brickley Center
- Brickley Center Staff
- Counseling Services
- Health Services
- Career Services
- When To Seek Help
- Conference Services
- Campus Kinder Haus
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research
- Office of Student Accounts
- Prayer Requests
- Information Technology Services and Help Desk
- Acceptable Use Policy for College Computing Resources
- Cable Television
- Computer Lab
- Content Filtering
- Email and Office 365
- Home Directory for Faculty and Staff
- Internet Use Committee
- ITS Forms
- Moodle Course Management System
- Wi-Fi Access
- The Brickley Center
- Consumer Information & Disclosures
- Site Guide
- Marketing and Communications
- Academic Symposium 2018
In this Policy, the terms “ENC”, “us”, “our”, and “we”, refer to Eastern Nazarene College. The terms, “you” and “your” refer to you, the website user. The term “Policy” refers to this document.
1. Acknowledgement and Consent
When you use the websites owned and operated by ENC, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Policy and agree that ENC may collect, use, and transfer your personal information in accordance therewith. If you do not agree with these terms, you can do the following:
- Choose not to use ENC’s websites.
- Use ENC’s websites but choose not to provide any personal information.
- Use ENC’s websites and choose to take steps to prevent being tracked. (Examples: disabling cookies in your browser, using the private browsing mode in your browser, using ad blocking software, enabling do not track in your browser settings.)
2. Policy Updates
This Policy is subject to revision due to the inevitable and ongoing changes that occur in technology, regulation, vendor terms of service, and changes in ENC’s operational procedures and marketing strategies. ENC will revise and maintain this Policy in a timely fashion to ensure you are presented with a policy that accurately reflects information handling practices at ENC.
3. Information ENC Collects
Unless you take steps to prevent being tracked, ENC, like most institutions and organizations on the Internet, automatically collects individualized, non-personally-identifying data about your browsing patterns on our websites. ENC also collects the personally-identifying information that you voluntarily provide to us when you submit one of our web forms. This information typically includes, for example, details such as your name and email address.
ENC only collects personally-identifying information from our websites when you voluntarily provide it to us through one of our web forms. The forms that request this information are typically for purposes of communicating with ENC, registering for activities, submitting requests, expressing interest in our programs, making payments, and supplying information necessary for applying or enrolling at ENC.
ENC collects and uses the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site, the time you visited our site, information about your browser’s capabilities, and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Google AdSense and DoubleClick
We may use DoubleClick cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests. The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history. For example, as a result of visiting ENC’s websites, you may then see an ENC advertisement when viewing a non-related site, such as a news journal website. DoubleClick uses non personally identifiable information. It does not track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb#display_optout.
4. Associating Identifying and Non-Identifying Information
ENC associates your non-identifying visitor data (such as your browsing behavior on our websites) with your personally-identifying visitor data (such as your name, address and email address) when you voluntarily submit information to us through some of the forms on our websites. We do so in limited instances so that we can provide better and more individual service to prospective students. As described in section 1 of this document, you may use our websites while taking steps to prevent this if you wish.
5. Selling, Sharing, Trading, or Transfer of Information
ENC will never sell, trade, share, rent, or otherwise transfer your information to other colleges, universities, non-profit organizations, or businesses. We may release information when required to do so in order to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may share information with our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
6. Service Providers
Integrated Service Providers
In addition to services from Google, ENC uses various other services that are deeply integrated into our websites. These services may automatically collect information about your browsing patterns. These services may also present you with web forms through which you may voluntarily provide personal information. Any integrated service provider that collects or stores personally-identifying information on behalf of ENC must agree to keep this information confidential.
External Service Providers
ENC offers various features in our websites through the use of external service providers. Examples include ticket sales, social media, online donations, and live chat. Features from an external provider will carry the branding or URL of the service provider. When utilizing an external service provider, please take note of the provider’s specific privacy policies. These may vary from ENC’s own privacy policies.
7. External Links
ENC websites may contain links to external websites not owned by or affiliated with ENC. ENC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
8. California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Users can visit our website anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us or by calling us.
9. Laws and Regulations
ENC requires that all applicable Federal laws and the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts be followed to ensure the protection and safety of our community. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Federal Trade Commission enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. ENC does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices ENC will use reasonable means to notify affected individuals in a timely manner should a data breach occur involving any personally identifying information. ENC also agrees to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. ENC collects your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM ENC agrees to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business.
- Monitor outside email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions on our email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ENC collects and stores some personal information at department level, rather than centrally, in relation to specific programs and offerings conducted by individual academic departments and organizations. In such cases, it may be necessary for you to contact the individual department or organization with which you’ve interacted if you no longer wish to be contacted by that particular group.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of student education records, establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate and misleading information.
Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth (Mass Privacy)
As a business operating in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, ENC is required to adhere to theMassachusetts Standards for the Protection of Personal Information 201 CMR 17.00. These regulations provide a definition of personally-identifying information, and they guide how ENC stores, transmits, and allows access to the personally-identifying information in our possession. It also includes comprehensive set of laws addressing data breaches.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
HIPAA provides the ability to transfer and continue health insurance coverage for millions of American workers and their families when they change or lose their jobs; reduces health care fraud and abuse; mandates industry-wide standards for health care information on electronic billing and other processes; and requires the protection and confidential handling of protected health information. ENC may collect some health related information through our websites as part of the enrollment process.
10. Contacting Us
Eastern Nazarene College
Attn: Office of Marketing and Communications
23 East Elm Avenue Quincy, MA 02170